Why has the ability to link 2 separate sales orders to 1 single purchase order been removed?
We have many vendors that have a free shipping dollar amount threshold. We have many customers that send in multiple purchase orders throughout the day for the same product line. Sometimes 2, 3, or even 4 separate orders. We used to be able to take all the customer’s purchase orders, create sales orders, and link their sales orders to a single purchase order, place the order with the vendor and get free shipping for our customers. We no longer can do this without making a workaround.
The workaround is as follows and it is truly ludicrous to have to do:
1. Create 3 separate sales orders for the customer’s purchase orders from the day
- Put all the sales order line items onto 1 purchase order.
- Send the purchase order over to the vendor.
- “Break” apart the purchase order into 3 separate purchase order internally
- Re-link those new purchase orders to the separate purchase order
- HOPE that you can remember which PO matches which SO when the vendor’s invoices come in with the “wrong” PO since it was all on 1 original PO.
It’s just absolutely awful.
We need this functionality back.
Best answer by mtreske1View original