Solved

Label Printer recommendations for WMS

• 7 August 2023
  • 3 replies

Hi, 

We’re setting up Acumatica WMS and I’m wondering about some suggestions for the right label printer(s) we may need:

• I need to print colored labels for the palette positions in our warehouse (labeling the rack/shelf locations). Probably around 2” x 3” approximately. 
  • I need to print our bar codes to apply to product packaging/inventory. Not sure about size, these would be standard white. Maybe just Avery labels in our office laser printers? What do you use?

We use Zebra printers for our shipping labels but this looks like a different kind of specialized printer. And I see many that are thermal, some are laser, etc… 

Thanks for your suggestions!

icon

Best answer by Jeff96 7 August 2023, 17:33

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

HI @scottkahn 

I have never found printer recommendations from Acumatica on printers. Here is an older post that suggests Zebra printers. 

https://community.acumatica.com/distribution-6/how-to-set-up-print-shipment-labels-automatically-5534#:~:text=I%20recommend%20using%20a%20Zebra%20or%20ZPL-compatible%20printer%2C,configure%20the%20label%20format%20to%20ZPL%20in%20Carriers.

I purchased the one below and have used it for 2x3” labels and it works well. 

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09129VD4H?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1

Not sure if anyone else would have a suggestion. 

Thanks. Not expecting miracles here lol but will see :-). We do use Zebra printers for our shipping labels. I hadn’t really thought about re-purposing one of them for printing warehouse labels but that might be an option I can test that is on-hand. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

For things like that, there is no need to use the DeviceHub so there is no need for the printers to be Acumatica compatible. Print them in bulk to PDF, then print them on any printer you have. 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved