Solved

Item status 'No Sales' / filtering which items can be added to Quote/Sales Order

• 18 March 2023
  • 3 replies

We manufacture electronic products that we also sell to customers.

We have set up various item classes for the components (electronics, mechanical etc.) and have created a separate item class for the finished items.

We don’t want to the sales team to accidently add a subassembly or component to a quote/sales order - to minimise errors. The finished items item class is essentially for all of the items on our price list.

It was an idea to set everything in the ‘finished items’ item class to Active, and to set all of the items in the various other item classes to No Sales.

But it doesn’t seem to be possible to define the default Item Status in the Item Class settings?

Whenever a new stock item is added, regardless of the item class, the default status is Active and it would need to be changed to No Sales each time?

icon

Best answer by dougmcbride79 18 March 2023, 14:38

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge

We also attempted to use the “No Sale” tool to stop sales to customers we did not want to sell the item to.  It was really cumbersome.  And time consuming.  We found a way to keep all items Actives, but limit which salespersons could “see” the resticted items.  This solution worked much better for us. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@jamesbarnett I agree with @dougmcbride79, It’s not worth going beyond the statuses of active/inactive in my opinion. The no sales status caused us a lot of trouble due to limitations in other areas, so we quickly switched to a more simple system. The itemtype field largely takes care of sales/no sales logic. 

@dougmcbride79@brendan91 thank you. I am preparing our stock list to upload and your comments are extremely helpful.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved