Is there an easier way to enter transactions(SO/PO) between tenants within 1 Acumatica instance.

• 16 August 2020
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Hello,

The scenario we met is as below:

• Tenant A and Tenant B are run at the same Acumatica instance  
  • Tenant A would sell some goods to Tenant B
  • Vendor A exists in tenant B to stand for tenant A entity.
  • Customer B exists in Tenant A to stand for tenant B entity
  • The item IDs in both Tenants are the same.  

Tenant B would create a PO, and then Tenant A would create a related SO.

Currently, we are exporting Tenant B polines into an excel, modify a little and import into Tenant A as solines.
So excel export and import is a way to make work easier. I am just wondering is there an even better way. Thanks in advance.
By the way, the two tenants can not be created within 1 tenant for some reason.

8 replies

Userlevel 2

Hello,

You can try to create a custom view in SQL. In  this view you will add all PO’s (header and details) with status open from tenant B (with left join for SO’s from tenant A in order to exclude already imported SO’s).

After you publish the view as custom DAC, you will have to create a business event (in tenant A)  over a GI that will have your custom DAC as source table. The business event will have as subscriber an  Import scenario  that will be used to import SO’s in tenant A. 

From my knowledge you will have to trigger the business event by scheduler because by record change is not yet supported for custom DAC’s, but this should not be really a problem because you could trigger to run from 30 in 30 minutes (or maybe less).

I hope this will help you...

Userlevel 4
Badge

@ray20 You may want to attend the Focus Group: Cross Company Re-Invoicing and Sales Orders  https://community.acumatica.com/financials-7/focus-group-cross-company-re-invoicing-and-sales-orders-396

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Hello,

You can try to create a custom view in SQL. In  this view you will add all PO’s (header and details) with status open from tenant B (with left join for SO’s from tenant A in order to exclude already imported SO’s).

After you publish the view as custom DAC, you will have to create a business event (in tenant A)  over a GI that will have your custom DAC as source table. The business event will have as subscriber an  Import scenario  that will be used to import SO’s in tenant A. 

From my knowledge you will have to trigger the business event by scheduler because by record change is not yet supported for custom DAC’s, but this should not be really a problem because you could trigger to run from 30 in 30 minutes (or maybe less).

I hope this will help you...

Thank you Apara,

But it looks like a little bit complicated for users to handle. Maybe some programmer can do it. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

@ray20 You may want to attend the Focus Group: Cross Company Re-Invoicing and Sales Orders  https://community.acumatica.com/financials-7/focus-group-cross-company-re-invoicing-and-sales-orders-396

Hello, thank you for the information. I can not attend this meeting, but it is a good news and Acumatica has taken this sort of things into consideration.

Intercompany Processing can perform this for you. It is very well worked-out.

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

@meckert 
hello, but I am not talking about companies within 1 tenant.

I am talking about tenants within 1 Acumatica instance.

Is Acumatica supporting inter tenants now?

Ah - sorry, no.  Disregard my earlier reply.

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

https://www.acumatica.com/acumatica-marketplace/advanced-solutions-and-consulting-co-intercompany-accounting-module/

I spoke with this company  (Advanced Solutions and Consulting) at the summit about their Intercompany Customization.  

We are still not sure if we will be writing our own customization or giving this one a try.  Please reply back on here if you give it a try with how it goes.  I’ll do the same.  

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved