Solved

Is there a way to create a quote from a lead?

• 24 February 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

I have a customer who would like to be able to create a quote from a lead.

Could this be done with a workflow change?

icon

Best answer by jinin 24 February 2023, 18:34

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @donnadeskins55 

We don’t have option to create quote from Lead.

But we can convert the lead to Opportunity and from opportunity, we can create quote.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @donnadeskins55 

Along with what @jinin  stated, you could customize to add the Create Quote to the Lead screen. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @donnadeskins55 

I have a customer who would like to be able to create a quote from a lead.

Could this be done with a workflow change?- To create a quote in Acumatica , opportunity is required. 

Please follow the steps 

1. Create a lead
  2. convert lead to Opportunity
  3. Create quote from opportunity.

or Create a quote type of Sales order for quick quote for those people who don't use sales opportunities.

Thanks 

Userlevel 4
Badge

I agree with all the answers above and will add that it would be tough to go directly from a lead to quote because leads don’t have details/items and the lead may or may not have a business account. There are usually steps that need to be taken by users to get from lead to quote, and that could be built into a workflow with task assignments and notifications.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Thank you for the responses.

They are already converting leads to opportunities to create the quote. They were looking for a shortcut.

I think we will try putting the CREATE QUOTE action on the Leads screen in the workflow.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved