Inner frame sometimes opening in a second tab when using Safari

• 6 April 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I’m wondering if anyone here is using Safari on macOS/iOS/iPadOS -- i’ve been experiencing this issue for more than one year and I’m still seeing it with the latest 21.1 release and latest Safari updates. A few times per day when accessing an Acumatica site I’ll see two tabs. First tab contains the navigation bar and inner frame, and the second tab just the inner frame:

It is really annoying, and I have yet to find any way to replicate this constantly so it’s a bit hard to file a bug report through support...

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

I have also seen this, and not only on Mac with Safari.  So I don’t think it’s isolated to your environment.

Off topic. What really triggers me, is that when you copy a cell value in Acumatica using Mac (regardless of the browser), it will pop-up a window that needs to be closed before you can interact with the screen again:

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@yurik05 thanks for your feedback on the occasional browser tab behavior, hopefully, we find enough information to get this resolved by Acumatica :)

The CTRL-C behaviour is by design, that’s how you’re supposed to copy contents from the grid. I suspect this is due to browser limitation and lack of a clipboard API when Acumatica was originally developed (Internet Explorer, for instance, does not support this). 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved