Solved

How to increase standard length of combo field type for attributes

• 2 March 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi Community,

I have used the segmented keys part of Acumatica to increase standard field lengths, but have not found a way to increase the standard length of a combo field for an attribute. It is set at 10 by default. Is there a way to increase this default to accept longer strings than 10? I am using 2022R1.  Thanks!

Patrick

icon

Best answer by Kandy Beatty 2 March 2023, 18:53

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

HI @patrickACA 

Are you talking about the ValueID? If so, the standard out of the box is 10 characters. Anything else would be customized. It’s not the same as a regular numbering sequence, as it would need to be done through an actual customization. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @patrickACA I believe you are talking about the value ID, and you would need to customize to achieve this. What about using the description field? I believe you can have as many as 250 characters

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @kandybeatty49 and @estebanperalta54 

We want to load sku numbers into the box but the length of some of our skus exceeds 10 characters. It sounds like this is a customization so unless it is an easy one we’ll probably just redo the attribute as a text field.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @kandybeatty49 and @estebanperalta54 

We want to load sku numbers into the box but the length of some of our skus exceeds 10 characters. It sounds like this is a customization so unless it is an easy one we’ll probably just redo the attribute as a text field.

I think text would be a better option without a customization. 

Good Luck! 

Userlevel 5
Badge

We have a similar situation wherein we need to increase the attribute description (not the id) length to accommodate product warning message. we are exploring a small customization to increase the length.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved