Solved

How do we delete a wiki article that can't be opened?

• 10 February 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

How do I delete a wiki article that I CANNOT open? I clearly added something goofy to the body of my article, now I can’t edit or do anything with it, I just get a TRACE ERROR. How do I delete this wiki?

icon

Best answer by Michaelh 10 February 2023, 21:52

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

Always find my answers right after posting. The way to delete a wiki without “opening” it is through the wiki site map: SM202010

Navigate to the parent folder, delete the row, save.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @Michael Hansen 

You should be able to delete a custom wiki article.  Here’s what is in the Help.  Perhaps you don’t have the necessary permission?

To Delete an Article

1 minute to read

You can delete an article along with all its versions as long as you have sufficient access rights to do so.

If you delete a folder, you will delete all of its contents, including all its articles and subfolders. Be sure this is what you want to do before you delete the folder.

To Delete an Article

To delete an article, do the following:

1. Open the article.
  2. On the wiki toolbar, click Delete Article.
  3. In the Delete Article dialog box, click Yes to confirm that you want to delete the article.

The deleted article is moved to the Deleted Items folder. This gives you an opportunity to recover accidentally deleted articles and restore them. For more information, see To Restore a Deleted Article.

To Permanently Delete an Article

If you want to permanently delete an article from the wiki, do the following:

1. In the navigation pane, open the Deleted Items folder.
  2. Open the article you want to permanently delete.
  3. On the wiki toolbar, click Delete Article.
  4. In the Delete Article dialog box, click Yes to confirm the deletion.

Best,

David Eichner, CPA

Userlevel 5
Badge

I’m an admin, I have full rights. Per your guide, I fail at Step 1. You cannot open the wiki. It just returns a trace error. I wrote a bad line of code in the wiki and it’s breaking without ever opening. 

My reply above yours is how we can delete a wiki without opening it, kind of a shame the help article doesn’t mention the Wiki Site Map since it’s a bit superior in that regard. Funny thing is that I can’t see the deleted folder’s items in the site map to truly get rid of it, but I don’t mind it living in “deleted” as long as it’s not in the main wiki structure.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Yes, you should be delete the entire Wiki:

To Delete a Custom Wiki from a Project

1 minute to read

To remove a WikiArticle item from a project, perform the following actions:

1. Open the customization project in the Customization Project Editor. (See To Open a Project for details.)
  2. Click Wikis in the navigation pane to open the Wikis page.
  3. In the page table, click the item to be deleted.
  4. On the page toolbar, click Delete Row (X).
  5. On the page toolbar, click Save to save the changes to the customization project.

If you delete a WikiArticle item from the project, the custom wiki remains in the system unless you delete the wiki by using the Wiki (SM202005) form.

Best,

David Eichner, CPA

Userlevel 5
Badge

I don’t think either of those are the appropriate response for this issue, the answer is to use the Wiki Site Map SM202010.

The wiki site map allows you to see all the wiki’s, then delete them without ever opening them (which was my issue, because I had bad html code in the body of my article, so it wouldn’t even open).

This issue is now resolved. Thank you for your input on some of the other methods to remove wiki in case someone has a slightly different issue. Always good to have more options!

Userlevel 1
Badge

I attempted to create an approval map for my Wiki article, but I'm encountering a problem. Now, I can't open the article as it's listed as "On Hold". Additionally, I can't delete it. I'm stumped on how to change its status. Moreover, it's not visible on the Wiki Map page.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved