Solved

Dealing with people deleting shared filters

• 12 March 2024
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

We’re running into this annoying situation where a department that uses the Sales Order GI wants a default tab other than All Records.  I’ve created this tab 3 times and within a day someone deletes it.   

I have two questions I am hoping someone knows the answer to.  

1. Is it possible to find out who is deleting a shared filter?
  2. Is there a permission that controls if people can delete filters?

icon

Best answer by AndrewBGL 12 March 2024, 22:21

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

@PorchlightZach For the permission under Access Rights by Screen there is a permission for Shared Filter. You can set the Access Rights to Revoked and then login as one of the users to see if it removes the shared filter. 

Userlevel 5
Badge

You will need to go to the Hidden folder > Shared Filters. Here are screen shots.

Userlevel 5
Badge

To determine who is deleting the filter you will need to create an Audit to track who is making the changes. 

Here is the form ID SM205510

Userlevel 5
Badge

The easiest way to resolve the issue is to create a guide that shows the dept users how to create their own filters and save them. That way they have ownership of their own filters. They can even make a filter with Default checked so their favorite filter will always display. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

Thanks @AndrewBGL, this was exactly what I was looking for. 

Most people here know how to work with filters but not everyone.  If this happens again, your answers will help me figure out who I need to go do some one-on-one training with.

Userlevel 5
Badge

Thanks @AndrewBGL, this was exactly what I was looking for. 

Most people here know how to work with filters but not everyone.  If this happens again, your answers will help me figure out who I need to go do some one-on-one training with.

Happy to help!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved