Solved

Can't change Segment Key for cost code

• 30 June 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

I can’t change my segmented key for my cost code because the default cost code is unable to be changed. When I click the Change ID button, I get:

Error: The Change ID button is disabled.

Then the button disappears. If I attempted to change the ID manually by clicking in the ID box, I get:

PM Error: Cost code number cannot be updated directly. Use the Change ID action.

I need to change this and I am completely not sure what to do here.

icon

Best answer by Laura02 1 July 2023, 12:48

View original

4 replies

Badge +18

Hello @Devon ,

It may be helpful for us to see existing cost codes and to see what you are changing From and To. It may be helpful to know your version of Acumatica.

Do you have customizations in the Projects modules?  If yes, please try changing Cost Codes with customizations temporarily disabled.

Access Rights could be a factor - Are you logging in as Admin?  If not, please try logging in as Admin to make the change.

Thank you.

Laura

Badge +18

Hi,

Are you saying that you changed all other cost codes successfully, except for the default? If so, can you temporarily replace the Default Cost Code setting with another already-updated cost code, then change the default cost code ID to match your new segmentation, then change the Default Cost Code again?

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Default Cost Code can not be changed. In fact it is generated automatically by defined segmentation. Depending how you set your segments and their lengths, the platform will fill all segments by zero automatically.

Userlevel 1

Hi @Laura02!

I disabled the customization I had in Projects and that worked! Thank you so much!

I had a Procore integration running and I’m sure that’s what was causing the issue.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved