Solved

Best Practices for Publishing Customizations

• 14 September 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Does Acumatica or any partner have documented best practices for managing the publishing of customizations that can be shared with me?  I am looking for a customer facing document to explain the need for discipline and coordination where customizations are created by multiple sources.

Edit, I did find this blog post https://www.augforums.com/publishing-an-acumatica-customization-project/.  However, may main point is that I need to reinforce rule #2.

icon

Best answer by Kandy Beatty 14 September 2022, 17:44

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

HI @gdow23 

The article you found is great, I just wanted to add this to ensure you have more references. 

Have you looked at the help documentation?

https://help-2022r1.acumatica.com/(W(6))/Help?ScreenId=ShowWiki&pageid=5484b428-f38f-4f3c-9a1d-041ec3b0739c

I would specifically look at these 2 sections:

Userlevel 5
Badge

@gdow23 - Looking at this - https://www.augforums.com/publishing-an-acumatica-customization-project/ you shared above.

Rule Number 3 is the most important rule in my experience. Always publish from Production into all other tenants. Is you publish from a non production instance to all tenants, chances are high that the action will “Unpublish” all the customizations from the Production instance.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Old thread, but since I'm new in Customization I thought I would ask. I have multiple tenants, and as I understand if I publish/unpublish a customization in one, it will effect all tenants, am I right?

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Old thread, but since I'm new in Customization I thought I would ask. I have multiple tenants, and as I understand if I publish/unpublish a customization in one, it will effect all tenants, am I right?

HI @dpruckus 

You are correct. It will effect all tenants. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

HI @dpruckus 

Is there a way to have a customization only for the test tenant?

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

HI @dpruckus 

Is there a way to have a customization only for the test tenant?

I would recommend a separate “sandbox” instance for testing customizations whenever possible.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved