Solved

Best Practices for Publishing Customizations

• 14 September 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Does Acumatica or any partner have documented best practices for managing the publishing of customizations that can be shared with me?  I am looking for a customer facing document to explain the need for discipline and coordination where customizations are created by multiple sources.

Edit, I did find this blog post https://www.augforums.com/publishing-an-acumatica-customization-project/.  However, may main point is that I need to reinforce rule #2.

icon

Best answer by Kandy Beatty 14 September 2022, 17:44

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Old thread, but since I'm new in Customization I thought I would ask. I have multiple tenants, and as I understand if I publish/unpublish a customization in one, it will effect all tenants, am I right?

HI @dpruckus 

You are correct. It will effect all tenants. 

Is there a way to have a customization only for the test tenant?

I would recommend a separate “sandbox” instance for testing customizations whenever possible.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Old thread, but since I'm new in Customization I thought I would ask. I have multiple tenants, and as I understand if I publish/unpublish a customization in one, it will effect all tenants, am I right?

HI @dpruckus 

Is there a way to have a customization only for the test tenant?

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

HI @dpruckus 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Userlevel 5
Badge

@gdow23 - Looking at this - https://www.augforums.com/publishing-an-acumatica-customization-project/ you shared above.

Rule Number 3 is the most important rule in my experience. Always publish from Production into all other tenants. Is you publish from a non production instance to all tenants, chances are high that the action will “Unpublish” all the customizations from the Production instance.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

HI @gdow23 

The article you found is great, I just wanted to add this to ensure you have more references. 

Have you looked at the help documentation?

https://help-2022r1.acumatica.com/(W(6))/Help?ScreenId=ShowWiki&pageid=5484b428-f38f-4f3c-9a1d-041ec3b0739c

I would specifically look at these 2 sections:

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved