Solved

Approval Map - Field not available in Condition

• 13 February 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1
  • Jr Varsity III
  • 92 replies

When trying to setup an approval map, i noticed that under the customer entity it is missing a field that would be nice to have….”Price Class”. 

Does anyone know if it is possible to add this field to the list of values that appear here:

​​​

icon

Best answer by aaghaei 13 February 2023, 22:44

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

It is possible but not without customization. You will need to add a custom field to customer DAC and a FieldSelecting event to query and assign the class then select it in here

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

It is possible but not without customization. You will need to add a custom field to customer DAC and a FieldSelecting event to query and assign the class then select it in here

That’s what I was afraid of! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Yeah, Unfortunately not always an easy button is available. If it is necessary to your business but you don’t have internal resources, you can reach out to Acumatica partners or independent developers here on community to make it work for you.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Yeah, Unfortunately not always an easy button is available here. If it is necessary to your business but you don’t have internal resources, you can reach out to Acumatica partners or independent developers here on community to make it work for you.

I have been trying to use other available fields to make the approval map work, and it seems like it doesn’t like some of the fields available under the Sales Order Entity.    Any insight as to why it would evaluate some fields and not others?  The trace doesn’t tell me anything...

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

It all depends what fields are made available to the DACs which are being used by the entities of Approval Map.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

It all depends what fields are made available to the DACs which are being used by the entities of Approval Map.

Well, i’m trying to execute a SIMPLE approval where the Sales Order > Entity Usage Type = “Resale” and it’s not picking it up. I think the Approval Map functionality needs some attention!

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

No doubt AM needs lots of attention that you have come across one based on your business needs. There are some Acumatica employees here monitoring the cases. The rest of people here on community like me are volunteer to help when possible or put in the right direction. You can create an idea on Acumatica to see how others will vote for it and if gets enough votes then Acumatica may consider to develop it.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved