Solved

AP Release Error

• 27 October 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2

Hello, we have entered payments to a vendor - paid them and their check has already been cashed.  However when we try to release the transaction to the GL we get the following error:

Error: Another process has updated the 'GLTran' record. Your changes will be lost.

If anyone has any ideas what this might be and how to fix it?  

icon

Best answer by Laura02 27 October 2023, 23:57

View original

4 replies

Badge +18

Hello,

Usually we see “another process has updated...” when two people try to update the same record at the same time.  The next step is to try again.  Are you seeing the message every time you try to release this batch?

If you have tried more than once to release and saw the error both times, please click Tools → Trace and look for more specific errors.

You may try asking a member of Administrator Role to release the batch, to rule out a problem with Access Rights.

If there are customizations, you may try to release the same batch with customizations temporarily disabled.

Please let us know if these ideas work for you. Thank you.

Laura

Userlevel 2

Thanks Laura!  I am one of the administrators (Although not very knowledgeable as we just launched about 2 months ago).  I have tried several times and keep getting the same error.  I have now gone tio tools - trace and this is what I get…..

System.IndexOutOfRangeException 2023-10-27 19:29:07 UTC Count: 20
  Index was outside the bounds of the array.
   System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException 2023-10-27 19:29:07 UTC Count: 20
  Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
   PX.Data.PXLockViolationException 2023-10-27 19:29:08 UTC
  Error: Another process has updated the 'GLTran' record. Your changes will be lost.
   PX.Objects.AP.PXMassProcessException 2023-10-27 19:29:08 UTC
   Error 2023-10-27 19:29:08 UTC

Do you think there is a limit on the amount of invoices I can pay at once.  I have 27 records attached to this check….

Badge +18

Hello, 

I am sure you have not surpassed any limit on number of documents that can be paid on one check. 
I am suspicious of customizations; can you show customization project screen, or temporarily un-publish  customizations to rule out the possibility that a customization is prohibiting batch release?

Laura

Userlevel 3
Badge

please refer this release note.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved