Solved

Alternatives to logging email activity - Apple Mail

• 10 March 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hello all,

Curious about options here. Instead of using Outlook for mail, some people use the apple Mail app on their Macs.

If they’re not interested in migrating to Outlook to use the Acumatica Outlook Add-in, what are their options? (On 3/10/21 I didn’t come across any options in the marketplace.)

Could I drag/drop an email from Mac mail into Acumatica to log activity, for example? I don’t expect that to create a contact but perhaps there’s some level of compatibility we can help them achieve.

Thank you for any ideas.

Arline

icon

Best answer by Irina 16 March 2021, 12:07

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hello @arlinewelty93,

Could I drag/drop an email from Mac mail into Acumatica to log activity, for example? I don’t expect that to create a contact but perhaps there’s some level of compatibility we can help them achieve.

That would require some kind of customization (pretty complex I assume since it will include lots of front-end development).

So I would say there are no options at the moment. I also don’t see any plans in our roadmap to include support of mac-related email apps as they are not really popular comparing to Microsoft apps among Acumatica ERP users.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Understood- thank you @Irina !

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved