Solved

"Add Only" or "Insert Only" security on projects

• 23 September 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hello,

We have items that we to secure in such a way, that the user can add new records, but they cannot edit existing records.  Acumatica had a “Insert” restriction level.  However, it also includes the ability to EDIT existing information.

Is there anyway to give users the ability to enter data, but not edit.

This is for projects.  We want to ensure that projects are ONLY changed via change orders.

icon

Best answer by ltussing03 24 September 2022, 00:01

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @ltussing03 ! Currently if you grant Insert level access this will also allow the user to edit, I’m not sure I fully follow the business need of having the ability to create new projects or documents but not be able to edit them, as creating the document the first time kind of requires the ability to edit the same fields you are trying to revoke.

The only thing I can think of is a custom separate processing screen which which will take the project data and create whatever is needed but not actually touch the project screen.

Otherwise, I’m not really sure there is a way to have someone who can make new documents but not edit them?

Maybe if you clarify more fully what the need is it could help to find a workaround.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Ben,

Thanks for the reply!

I think we found a solution.  We gave a user View Only to the projects screen.

The user was still able to convert a quote to a project successfully!

So they can create a new project (by converting a quote), but cannot edit it!

Thanks again for taking the time to read and reply!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@ltussing03 Sounds good! I was not sure the scope of the issue, but the View Only works great for this and still be able to convert from other screen.

Happy to help!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved