Skip to main content
Solved

Accessing database backups?

• 30 May 2024
  • 6 replies

A client of mine recently purchased the database backup subscription, which should allow us to access their backups. But I’m unsure where I go to access them. Haven’t found any instructions. Anyone know?

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge

Hello @jhouser ,

The only think I could find is this:

You can subscribe to an optional backup access service with an annual subscription fee.

You should reach out to support and they will give your client access to a FTP folder or a login to access your backups.

Userlevel 6
Badge

Let us know how this works. I am currently manually creating weekly snapshots. Every few months I have to delete old backups so we have enough space for new snapshots. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@AndrewBGL Thanks, they already purchased the subscription. Just not sure where I access it. I’ll submit a case to ask, just thought I’d start a post in case others encounter the same question. Will reply here when I find out. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

I submitted a case, after which I received email with details for accessing an FTP server. I think the email originally went to an internal employee and never made it to me, by mistake. 

Userlevel 6
Badge

@jhouser ,

How many database copies does the FTP server keep. Also if the client has multiple tenants will all tenants have a backup? 

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@AndrewBGL Looks like it’s the last 10 days, and one file for each, so I assume all tenants are included in a single file.