Solved

Updating the incorrect inventory ID

Userlevel 2
Badge

Two stock items have the incorrect inventory ID. TT1000BLK and TT1000GRY should be TT1000DBLK and TT1000DGRY respectively. Production orders have already been created using these incorrect IDs.

I know I can create an entirely new item with the correct ID and change the formula. However, is there a better way to do it so the accounts that have a production order already created will not be affected?

icon

Best answer by smilner3 5 April 2023, 22:51

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

You could change the ID of the Items if these were created incorrectly to begin with. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

You could change the ID of the Items if these were created incorrectly to begin with. 

Will it affect the transaction which are already created or what will the impact of this on overall system?

Userlevel 3
Badge

I would certainly test this first in a test tenant or sandbox environment, but the ID you see in the front end is the CD fields which is changeable. Acumatica has an internal ID for those items that you don’t see and is used on all the records and transactions. Using the Change ID action should update all records where this item is used.

Userlevel 2
Badge

I would certainly test this first in a test tenant or sandbox environment, but the ID you see in the front end is the CD fields which is changeable. Acumatica has an internal ID for those items that you don’t see and is used on all the records and transactions. Using the Change ID action should update all records where this item is used.

Thank you so much @smilner3 

Really appropriate the help.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved