Solved

Tie an AP bill to an SO Shipment

• 30 September 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2

We are trying to link the invoice we get from the shipper to the corresponding shipment.  My goal is to evaluate our shipping charges.  The way I envision it working is add a field when entering lines on an AP Bill where I can choose the appropriate shipment.  I’m sure this has been encountered many times so how do recommend solving the problem?  Thanks

icon

Best answer by markusray17 1 October 2021, 19:11

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

If you want to link the line on the AP Bill to the line on the Shipment you would need to add two custom fields: ShipmentNbr, and ShipmentLineNbr. And then you could create an action similar to the PO Link action on Sales Orders to actually select the shipment line and fill in the custom fields. 

If you just want to link it to a shipment as whole(not the line) you could just add a custom field to the AP Bill line with a selector for shipments containing the item. This could be simpler depending on the validation requirements. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

@bhalvorsen did you get this going?

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved