Solved

Subaccount defaults on Requisition / PO

• 3 January 2024
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

On Requisition detail, there is an Account and Subaccount field. When I enter a Requisition, these fields are empty by default. If I populate the fields, then create PO from the requisition, the Account flows to the PO (even if different from account on the non-stock item), BUT the subaccount does not. It defaults from non-stock item. Is there a way to allow subaccount to flow from Requisition to PO? 

My understanding is AP Preferences determine where the subaccount comes from if non-stock items are used. I have it set to pull from inventory item. Don’t see anything that could be changed here to accomplish the above. Anyone know what else I could do? I don’t understand the point of subaccount on Requisition if it can’t flow to the PO/Receipt where the actual posting occurs. Thought maybe it’s just for budgeting, but that doesn’t explain why the Account does flow to the PO. 

Thanks in advance. 

icon

Best answer by jhouser 10 January 2024, 15:24

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

HI @jhouser 

Please see this older post that may help you. ‘

https://community.acumatica.com/distribution-6/why-sub-account-code-not-reflect-in-po-6059?tid=6059&fid=6

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

@Kandy Beatty Unfortunately that post doesn’t help, since it’s all about the PO. This issue starts with the Requisition. We want to change subaccount on the Requisition instead of doing so on the PO. 

Badge +18

Hello @jhouser ,

One idea is to look at the Posting Class Settings.  I wonder if the source of Subaccounts in the item’s Posting Class is set to the same source as the Account? 

If the Requisition to PO flow isn’t following the item’s Posting Class settings, a support ticket could be another idea.

Last resort is a small customization to allow the Requisition settings to flow to the PO.

Laura

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

HI @jhouser 

Are you talking about this?

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

@Kandy Beatty Yes, that’s it. Thoughts?

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Turns out this was caused by a customization. When I unpublished customization, the subaccount on Requisition flowed to the PO. Fixing the customization should resolve this. Thanks everyone for chiming in. 

Userlevel 7
Badge

Thank you for sharing your solution with the community @jhouser!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved