Solved

SO Invoice Approval before release

• 16 February 2023
  • 6 replies

I am trying to create an approval map where after a shipment is confirmed an approval is triggered prior to the invoice being prepared.  Would like shipping manager to be able to double check shipment is correct before the invoice is prepared.

Any idea how to set that up?

icon

Best answer by Jeff96 16 February 2023, 20:38

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Approvals are based on the document, since the invoice doesn’t exist yet you can’t do approval before it’s prepared. 

However, you can set the schedule to create the invoice, and put the approval on the invoice so it will need to get approved before it’s released. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @ChadR 

Can you use Business events to trigger an email once the shipment is confirmed to the approval manager or else Use default acumatica approval system for approval once Invoice is prepared.

Thanks

@Jeff96 that makes sense thank you.  I have also tried to make an approval step that has to happen after the invoice is prepared and before it can be released.  Since this is an SO Invoice I am having trouble getting that to work as well. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

@Jeff96 that makes sense thank you.  I have also tried to make an approval step that has to happen after the invoice is prepared and before it can be released.  Since this is an SO Invoice I am having trouble getting that to work as well. 

Can you share a screenshot of the map?

@Jeff96 

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

After reviewing this I can see that it’s impossible. Since the invoice is being created from the sales order module, it doesn’t go through the approval map set up on the receivable module. 

You can open an idea to Acumatica and meanwhile work with the business events idea. 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved