Question

Shipments with "insert" access not allowing "add order"

Userlevel 4
Badge

All our numbered transactions (for instance invoices, sales orders, shipments etc) need to have the restriction that the master document can’t be deleted.  For this reason, I have set up all the users with “insert” access to those types of screens.  In most cases this works fine, but occasionally I’m finding that a button on the screen doesn’t work when “insert access” is used.  This is one example.

The “add order” button is disabled for this user.   Am I understanding correctly that it should be working in this circumstance?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

HI @MarciaW 

User Rights are tricky. Look at what the computed rights are for the user. They may have multiple rights and if some of their rights are revoked, that could be causing the issue. 

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @kbeatty21 

If I change the access for this role to Delete (from Insert), the button becomes available.  So the problem is not to do with the complexity of user roles, it’s to do with the impact of this particular access on the button.

I’m just wondering if there is any particular reason for it?

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @MarciaW - did you ever find an answer to your question? Thank you!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved