Solved

Scan and Count Error - The item is not on the list

• 26 January 2023
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi, 

We’re running into an issue when doing inventory counts and using the Scan and Count automated function. 

If an item doesn’t exist in a location and we try to add it, the system flags it and asks if we want to add it. There is no way to confirm that we want to add it, the system will just stay stuck on that question. 

See below a screenshot of the error (while using it on the PC, same thing is when using it via mobile app)

icon

Best answer by Dana Moffat 27 January 2023, 14:54

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I would start a support case with Acumatica to confirm that you don’t have some configuration issue.  Or you could submit a Product Idea post to the community site page for product suggestions and tell them you’d like to make this feature work properly.  Make sure to tell others in the community to vote for it so it will rise to the attention of Acumatica product team.

Ideas | Community (acumatica.com)

Best,

David Eichner, CPA

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @Jeff96, Is the ‘OK’ button highlighted / enabled? If so please use it to respond to the ‘Would you like to add the item?’ prompt.  Hope this helps.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Jeff96, Is the ‘OK’ button highlighted / enabled? If so please use it to respond to the ‘Would you like to add the item?’ prompt.  Hope this helps.

It doesn’t work, it just beeps and gives the same message. 

I forgot to add that this happens only when trying to set a QTY for that item.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

@Dana Moffat have you seen this issue?

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @Jeff96, I did it here in this sequence: Scan Location, scan Item, click OK to accept adding item to Location, then *QTY to enter quantity mode, then entered the quantity.  Then I clicked Confirm, and the new line appears in the Physical Inventory Review. Did you try this sequence?

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Jeff96, I did it here in this sequence: Scan Location, scan Item, click OK to accept adding item to Location, then *QTY to enter quantity mode, then entered the quantity.  Then I clicked Confirm, and the new line appears in the Physical Inventory Review. Did you try this sequence?

Yes, I’m getting stuck at the OK

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi @Jeff96 ,

I think the best course of action is to log a customer support case for this so that they can investigate.  When logging the case, please let them know more about the item that you’re trying to count - is it lot/serialized and if so, what are the lot/serial settings that go along with it? (ie tracking method, assignment method).

Dana

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Jeff96 ,

I think the best course of action is to log a customer support case for this so that they can investigate.  When logging the case, please let them know more about the item that you’re trying to count - is it lot/serialized and if so, what are the lot/serial settings that go along with it? (ie tracking method, assignment method).

Dana

Thanks, I will have a ticket opened. 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved