Solved

Sales Order: automatically check "Mark for PO" if stock is negative

• 10 May 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello,

is there a way to automatically check the “mark for PO” checkbox in a sales order if the entered quantity will result in a negative stock qty? 

The sales staff tends to forget to check the box every now and then. I am looking for a way to make sure no items from SOs are missing in our POs.

thanks for your help. 

icon

Best answer by PatrickSchlenker90 11 May 2023, 09:33

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @nbnex 
Have you tried doing the purchase through the Replenishment process? 

Here is an example on how the process works: 
https://help.acumatica.com/(W(7))/Help?ScreenId=ShowWiki&pageid=2586133f-c4e3-4121-b51b-10d5c6ca5e42

Userlevel 1

Thanks @Anacarina Calvo . Replenishment through purchases is not really an option. Let me explain a little further. The company is a subsidiary of a large machine manufacturer with a spare parts  list of 50k parts where many of them will be ordered only based on a SO. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hello,

is there a way to automatically check the “mark for PO” checkbox in a sales order if the entered quantity will result in a negative stock qty? 

The sales staff tends to forget to check the box every now and then. I am looking for a way to make sure no items from SOs are missing in our POs.

thanks for your help. 

Hi @nbnex from my point of view there is no way to do this out of the box. You have to think about a customization to automate it.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Do you have MRP as part of your Acumatica suite?  MRP would determine if you need to purchase or manufacture more of an item based on demand, current inventory, and scheduled purchase orders for that item and make recommendations on how to manage the situation.  If not, your best bet would be to utilize replenishment settings.

Userlevel 6
Badge

What is MRP?

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @dougmcbride79 - I believe Material Requirements Planning

https://www.acumatica.com/cloud-erp-software/manufacturing-management/material-requirements-planning-mrp/

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved