Solved

Restrict Negative qty in transfers

• 15 March 2024
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

The customer has expressed a desire to restrict the system's ability to release transfer documents when there is no quantity available. They are currently utilizing the "allow negative" checkbox in the item class. Furthermore, they aim to generate a shipment for kit assembly orders even when there is no quantity available, but at the same time, they want to impose restrictions on releasing documents with a negative balance during transfers.

Any one please suggest how to meet this requirement? Any configuration?

Thanks in advance

icon

Best answer by manikantad18 26 March 2024, 09:58

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

It already exists, you cannot transfer or adjust into the negative. Only issues can go into the negative, even with allow negative turned on. 

Besides good practice, I believe this is because tracking the cost layers with negative transfers and adjustments would just be too complex and even if they worked, too complex of a paper trail to figure out what happened when a new receipt comes in.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @bryanb39 

Please provide details on how you accomplished this scenario at your end.

Acumatica response:

I have thoroughly investigated the issue and at present, if the 'Allow Negative' checkbox is selected, there is no other way to prevent a Transfer from being released when there is no quantity available.

To control the release of a Transfer when there is no quantity available, the ‘Allow Negative Quantity' checkbox can be unchecked in the Item Class.

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

@manikantad18 sorry I didn’t respond earlier. I was able recreate what you were talking about and transfer into the negative when doing it from the web.  

However when doing it from the mobile app, which is how we do most of our transfers, it does prevent you from going into the negative.  That is why I was thinking it prevents transfers.  

Is it possible to use the app for transfers?  I did not test using scan to transfer from the web, but am thinking it would have the same behavior as the app and prevent it.  

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved