Question

Restrict Items by Warehouse in single Company Zero branches setup

• 1 November 2022
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hi All,

We are currently trying to figure out a way to restrict items per Warehouse.

The company has a single Company Zero Branches setup, so we wouldn’t be able to restrict items and warehouse on a branch level for example.

Is there a way of telling Acumatica in this set-up that specific items can only be used in Warehouse X but not used in Warehouse Y?

Any ideas or experience would help!

Unfortunately assigning Item Classes to Warehouse locations wouldn’t work here as the client has multiple item classes that would be allowed in each Warehouse and there is also some Overlap there.

7 replies

Badge +16

Hello,

In Restriction Groups it seems like we can connect items to warehouses.  I’m not sure if User is required in a restriction group... just an idea you may try in your test environment.

Userlevel 1

Hi, 

Did you find a way to restrict the item by warehouse? I am also looking to implement it. I tried but the user then cannot see the item all together :)

Let me know if you found a way.

Thanks, 

Patricia 

Badge +16

@patriciabatisti2

If the user can’t see the item, pay attention to the Restriction Group Type. Group Types A versus B controls whether a user can or cannot see, specifically when the user, warehouse, or item is in more than one group.  Study whether the group needs to be Inverse; examples can be found in the help. 

I think Restriction Group Types can be confusing; I recommend trying each type in a test environment until the desired result for the users is achieved.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

@patriciabatisti2

If the user can’t see the item, pay attention to the Restriction Group Type. Group Types A versus B controls whether a user can or cannot see, specifically when the user, warehouse, or item is in more than one group.  Study whether the group needs to be Inverse; examples can be found in the help. 

I think Restriction Group Types can be confusing; I recommend trying each type in a test environment until the desired result for the users is achieved.

I think the Key for both Patricia and me is to not have it User-specific but rather just restrict Items to a specific Warehouse.

For some reason I cannot get consistent results and I was wondering if you would be able to provide a Sample Set-up?

Badge +16

I’m sorry, I don’t have an example built out and I’m short on time. I expect your partner can assist. Or, someone who has an example may come along.

Userlevel 1

Were you able to find a way to do this without a customization?

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hello!

Does anybody already did this? 😁 We need to restrict the selection of items in Sales Order for specific warehouse only.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved