Solved

Required Related Items not required?

• 21 November 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hi All,

I am currently experimenting with related Items.

When selecting the Required Checkbox of Cross-Sell, I would expect that I cannot process the Sales Order without adding the Required Related Item.

This does not seem to be true.

Can somebody let me know what the intended functionality is if not requiring a User to add those Items?

icon

Best answer by Laura02 22 November 2023, 02:13

View original

3 replies

Badge +18

Hello,

Please vote for your idea here, to Require Related Items:

I did a quick test in my version 2022 R2 demo.

Add Related Cross-Sell Item; select Required

When I add Stock Item AACOMPUT0 to a Sales Order, a large red message appears indicating there is a required related item:

I can process the order, shipment and invoice to completion without adding the item. Acumatica Help states the behavior shown above is by design (not a bug). It seems the Required field is really for substitution only. Required substitution may not be shipped without making the substitution.

Laura

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hello,

Please vote for your idea here, to Require Related Items:

I did a quick test in my version 2022 R2 demo.

Add Related Cross-Sell Item; select Required

When I add Stock Item AACOMPUT0 to a Sales Order, a large red message appears indicating there is a required related item:

I can process the order, shipment and invoice to completion without adding the item. Acumatica Help states the behavior shown above is by design (not a bug). It seems the Required field is really for substitution only. Required substitution may not be shipped without making the substitution.

Laura

Thank you, Laura. That is what I experienced too.

I just was not expecting the system not to restrict anything.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Question:  What if your customer doesn’t want to be cross-sold? 

Is this scenario not really cross-selling (which is suggesting the customer buy something else at the same time), but in your scenario, forcing items to be sold together to the customer (ie. customer cannot opt out).

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved