Solved

Replenishment - Back Orders

• 12 September 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

I have set up Fixed Reorder Qty Replenishment for select products for our 6 Branches and I plan to run it each week to create Transfer Orders.

Lets say that in the first week I have a product below it’s threshold for replenishment but Head Office does not have the stock to fill the order so it goes to Back Order.  When I run this again for week 2 the same item will come up again on the Transfer.  Does this method not account for Back Orders?  

I realize the parameter is still being met in week 2 to generate the Transfer for this product but shouldn’t the system recognize that there is already a Back Order and leave it off the next Transfer?

icon

Best answer by olgakonanykhina22 7 October 2023, 00:46

View original

2 replies

Hello, by using Fixed Quantity method the system replenishes the stock of the item based on economic order quantity or economic reorder quantity, safety stock and reorder point: https://help-2022r2.acumatica.com/(W(10))/Help?ScreenId=ShowWiki&pageid=c961e0d4-e87d-4099-b6e6-431a00ad471a

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

HI @markpoch 

If you are using Fixed Qty, they system will take those transfers into account. 

• If the replenishment source of the row is Transfer, we recommend that you use the economic reorder quantity (ERQ) specified for transfers that involve this stock item. This value represents the level of inventory that minimizes the total transfer costs. The ERQ is specified in the Transfer ERQ column on the Replenishment tab of the Item Classes (IN201000) and Stock Items forms. You can override the default value of the Transfer ERQ box on the Item Warehouse Details (IN204500) form. The ERQ quantity is equal to the specified transfer ERQ for the item once this quantity determines that the available quantity reaches or is lower than the reorder point.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved