Solved

Process Orders/Create shipment - need to limit to only lines with available quantities to ship

• 17 November 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Hello,

In the Process Orders screen, set the action to “Create Shipments”:

It shows all sales orders within the selection dates.

Even if there is no quantity in inventory.

Shippers want to use this screen to ship everything they can, and this screen if perfect for that.  However, they only want to see what can actually be shipped.  There is no quantity on hand or quantity available shown that you can filter on.

Am I missing something here?

Is there another screen that will allow them to see all SO lines with an available quantity that they can ship from?

I could write a GI or something, but then they have to open to SO and ship from there.  Shipping people shouldn’t need to ever open a sales order to ship it.

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by DavidEichner 30 November 2023, 16:59

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

While the order shows in the grid, it will not create the shipment.  Many automate this process so it runs regularly in the background so that as soon as the quantity is available for that warehouse location, it then generates the shipment.

I agree that it shouldn’t show sales orders unless it has a line that it can fulfill with avail qty.  Perhaps add a Product Idea/Suggestion.  You could also just customize it to display the way you are looking for.

Best,

David

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved