Solved

Pro forma invoices with regular order types

• 30 January 2024
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

My client is looking for to send customers a prepay Invoice or a Proforma Invoice.  Basically Enter an SO and generate an invoice, and once payment arrives they will process shipment and invoice. I set them up using credit terms with prepayment required and it works great. My question is if there is a way to do proforma invoices? I’m thinking I can create a second version of the sales order acknowledgement form and make it look like an invoice. Any other ideas?

icon

Best answer by dcomerford 30 January 2024, 22:30

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

That is what I generally suggest copy the Sales Order form and change the Title to say Proforma and add is as an Action to the Sales Order to Print/Email it.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

i think you gave yourself the answer 😃. We handle it in the same way you and @dcomerford mentioned...

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Haha true @PatrickSchlenker90 I had to double check since I’ve seen pro forma functionality on other modules such as project so I wasn’t sure if it was a less common feature for sales orders.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved