Solved

Pro forma invoices with regular order types

• 30 January 2024
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

My client is looking for to send customers a prepay Invoice or a Proforma Invoice.  Basically Enter an SO and generate an invoice, and once payment arrives they will process shipment and invoice. I set them up using credit terms with prepayment required and it works great. My question is if there is a way to do proforma invoices? I’m thinking I can create a second version of the sales order acknowledgement form and make it look like an invoice. Any other ideas?

icon

Best answer by dcomerford 30 January 2024, 22:30

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Haha true @PatrickSchlenker90 I had to double check since I’ve seen pro forma functionality on other modules such as project so I wasn’t sure if it was a less common feature for sales orders.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

i think you gave yourself the answer 😃. We handle it in the same way you and @dcomerford mentioned...

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

That is what I generally suggest copy the Sales Order form and change the Title to say Proforma and add is as an Action to the Sales Order to Print/Email it.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved