Question

Paperless Picking Struck while picking less items than the number of shipments

• 3 December 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

Dear Connections,

I have a question about paperless picking because I am now unable to finish it even if the picking volume is smaller than the shipment volume.

In some circumstances, the shipment quantity can be "10." Actually, I have the necessary (Oh-hand =10 Qty) shipping quantity in my warehouse. Unfortunately, "2" pieces were broken. In order for me to choose only "8" quantity. As of right now, the process was interrupted at the picking level. The "complete line level" option that mobile apps have does not help me finish my selection procedure.

Can anyone offer advice? Thank You

Regards

Ram 

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Hi @9001 

What you are looking for may be able to be accomplished by setting the ‘Short Shipment Confirmation’ setting on the Sales Orders Preferences screen to Allow with Warning:

You can review what this does here:

https://help-2022r1.acumatica.com/(W(1))/Help?ScreenId=ShowWiki&pageid=1817779c-413b-4187-b7fe-38e97845a1cb

Hope this helps!

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

HI @9001, you are looking for the short shipment confirmation:

Userlevel 1

Hi @9001 

What you are looking for may be able to be accomplished by setting the ‘Short Shipment Confirmation’ setting on the Sales Orders Preferences screen to Allow with Warning:

You can review what this does here:

https://help-2022r1.acumatica.com/(W(1))/Help?ScreenId=ShowWiki&pageid=1817779c-413b-4187-b7fe-38e97845a1cb

Hope this helps!

Hi @PatrickSchlenker90

I appreciate your response. This set up will function when short shipments are made utilizing a paper-based approach. I attempted to use a paperless procedure, but I was unable to finish the short picking.  As a result, I was forced to continue by moving on to pack and confirm the short shipment.

I attempted these steps.

SO created and completed a picking list (wave) when picking the things, I was attempting to perform short picking due to damages or any other cause. "Confirm live level Count" has been completed. When proceeding to the following stage, "Pack" or "Confirm the shipment”, an error occurs. "Picking for this picking sheet has not been finished."

Let me know if you have queries. 

Thanks 

Ram 

Userlevel 1

Hi @PatrickSchlenker90

You can refer to the screenshot I've attached. Utilizing the Paperless Picking Option for testing.

There will be sort qty of highlighted items. 

Once, proceed with the sort qty, getting error “The pick list cannot be confirmed because it is not complete”

Note : . "Confirm live level Count" has been completed for that two items. 

While confirm the picklist, same error occurs 

The only option to go without some form of quantity is with the shipping Qty. Only after that will the selection process be able to be finished.

Please do not hesitate, if you have any questions. 

Thanks 

Ram  

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @9001  were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

Userlevel 1

Also note an issue we have found when you short pick a shipment on the mobile app and confirm the shipment on the website, Acumatica assumes that the full quantity of the shipment/Sales Orders was picked (ignores the short picked quantity).  Acumatica will close the sales order as complete, confirm the shipment as complete, relive the inventory as if you picked the shipment complete and create the invoice. 

This seems to be a bug when you use the mobile app to pick the shipment but confirm the shipment on the website. 

If you pick the order using the mobile app and confirm the shipment on the mobile app, the sales order will enter the back order status for whatever was short picked and the shipment and invoice will be correct.  Also if you use the Pick, Pack and Ship function on the website to pick the shipment and confirm the shipment using the Pick, Pack and Ship screen, then Acumatica functions correctly. 

We have a support case open with Acumatica to look into this issue.  For reference we are using 23 R1.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved