Solved

Need to add an approval map using item class by filter

• 4 August 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hi all,

Anyone has idea about to use item class as conditions for an approval map? 

I have item A. The item class is FLATWARE. I want to use item class as conditions in the approval map. 

icon

Best answer by Laura02 4 August 2023, 22:25

View original

4 replies

Badge +18

Hello, 

What entity/screen is the approval for?

Laura

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

@Laura02 I want to add the approval map to Sales Orders entity.

Badge +18

Hello,

I checked version 2023 R1 and 2022 R2, and Item Class is not available on the Conditions tab.

As a possible work-around, could the SO lines be routed for approval to the Inventory Item’s Product Workgroup, Product Manager, Price Manager, etc. based on alternate criteria?

In your situation, is every Sales order/Sales Order line sent for Approval?  If so, leave Conditions blank and configure Rule Actions as shown above.

If every line is not sent for approval, consider basing Condition on Quantity ordered or the Value of the items,  like this:

Then use Rule Actions shown above, where:

Approver = Employee from Document

Employee = … Use + to expand Employee field list, scroll down and expand Inventory Item, then scroll down to select one of the above highlighted approvers.

The end result is “If ordered Quantity for any item on Sales Order is over 100 or $ Amount of line is over $1000, then send the sales order to the product manager for the Inventory Stock Item that is on the line.”

I hope this helps you.

Laura

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

@Laura02 Thank you!. It’s really help. I will try it out. 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved