Skip to main content
Solved

MRP - Replenishment Parameters - Max Qty

• 24 June 2024
  • 2 replies

On the Item Warehouse Details / Replenishment Tab, how does Acumatica use the Max Qty under Replenishment Parameters?  We have MRP set to use Reorder Point as the Stocking Method.  We’ve found that when a purchased item gets below the Reorder Point, MRP will recommend ordering just enough to get back up to the Reorder Point.  I would like to see it recommend ordering enough to get to the Max Qty but that doesn’t seem to be how it works.  Is there a setting to have it do this?

(I am not talking about Max Order Qty that pulls from the vendor tab)

Thanks

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

@MSwanson86 - 

MRP will not reorder to the max quantity as this field is not currently used by MRP. 

I would recommend creating a product idea to enhance MRP to respect maximum stocking levels.

In the meantime, try setting a min order quantity on the item so the MRP planning suggestions will get you closer to the desired stock level. 

Userlevel 1

One could argue that buying up to Max could potentially also be flawed, unless you take lead time demand into consideration. Lets say you have a max level of 30 units, a reorder point of 10 units, a lead time of 30 days and forecast sales of 10 units a month. If you purchase 20 units today (Max - ROP = 20) and you sell 10 before the delivery arrives, you will be back up to 20 units rather than the 30 unit max level. And if your reorder point is equal to  min level(10 units), you might have the added issue of stocking out of this item if the demand increases during the lead time or the delivery is delayed.