Solved

Management Event & Warehouse

• 20 February 2024
  • 3 replies

Hello,

I need to make warehouses inactive via a management event if there has been no stock movement for more than 6 months. 
Which screen do you think I should use?
Any ideas for the conditions to be set on the management event?

Version Flex : Version 23.1.2312.120 [23.111.0026]

Thanks in advance.

icon

Best answer by dcomerford 20 February 2024, 10:45

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

I presume you mean you aim to use a Business event to make it not active. It is going to be a tricky one to achieve as you will need to look at all the inventory movements for each warehouse to see if there are any for the last 6 months. If you make the warehouse inactive and there is a quantity in any location in that warehouse you wont be able to sell it so do you need to factor the stock quantities. 

I think you will need a SQL query to create the GI to determine which warehouse is inactive and then use this to drive a business event on a scheduler

Hello, 

Thank you for your response.

Yes, I was thinking of creating a query to retrieve the same data from the screen warehouse (non-moving items IN405500) using the last purchase and last sale dates (> 6 months) as a condition to do a scheduled task and make these warehouses inactive, as you mentioned.

What do you think ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Yes but be aware the  the IN405500 is not a table so may not be available in a GI so you may have to build all the logic using the transaction tables to do so.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved