Solved

Lot Tracking for Meat

• 26 January 2023
  • 2 replies

Looking for some information on Lot Tracking for Meat.   Have a client that produces meat, but would like to keep track of inventory based off the meat cut, weight and the tag(cattle) from which the meat came from.  Looking to put this information into Acumatica.  Any ideas or suggestions?

icon

Best answer by DavidEichner 26 January 2023, 15:40

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi Scott,

You would need to assign attributes for those values to the lot.  To use attributes on lots, there is a customization available on GitHub that you can download and then install and publish.  My good friend Tim Rodman has a great article on the AUG Forums site below on how to do this.

Acumatica Lot and Serial Number Attributes • Everything Else • Acumatica User Group Forums (augforums.com)

I would also recommend that you vote for the Product Idea to add this to the core functionality.  I just checked and it is planned for a future release, however the more votes the sooner they will get it done.

Attributes at the lot / serial number level | Community (acumatica.com)

Let me know if this helps or if you have any additional questions.

Best,

David Eichner, CPA

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @scott55 ,

Please take a look at this idea, and up vote it if you think it is appropriate. Capability to handle Catch Weight on Inventory | Community (acumatica.com) 

Thanks,

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved