Solved

Kit Assembly: Automated release of "sub-kits" while kit creation

• 26 April 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

A customer is using the kit assembly with multi-evel kits. So to create a kit the sub-kits need to be created before.

Is there any automation possible like the automated (or half-automated) creation of the sub-kits in the process of creating a kit?

Do you know any customer doing the same?

Any ideas?

I am grateful for any advice.

icon

Best answer by Kandy Beatty 26 April 2023, 12:45

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @AndreasKleinfeld72 

There is nothing currently automated that will create kits. I know it has been made a customization for several clients that required it. 

I would suggest that you make it product idea for a future release in Acumatica. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @AndreasKleinfeld72 ,

We have configured automated kit creation using business events and an import scenario to create the kit assemby.  You would need to build a Generic Inquiry to expand the next level and drive the business event.

Hope this helps!

Userlevel 2

We also have the same issue. We had to come up with a custom solution as there is no available solution that fit our needs. We did attempt to use an available customization solution but it was overly complicated and caused more issues than it resolved. Our solution would be similar to a business event but it pulls information from the active Kits and a custom generic inquiry via API and pushes back in kit assemblies. 

Would love for there to be an optional checkbox for a “from scratch” or “from available” kit to generate on the kit assembly page. 

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @AndreasKleinfeld72 

Take a look at our solution that allows you to have kit within a kit.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved