Solved

Item classes from two branches stored in the same warehouse?

• 14 February 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2

We have two item classes, REG and FTCCDevice.  REG belongs to Branch 1 with a specific set of GL Accounts and Subaccounts (via Posting Class) and FTCCDevice belongs to Branch 4 with a different set of GL Accounts and Subaccounts (via Posting Class).  The branch assignment is defined on the Warehouse.  Is there way to make this work without having to set up a warehouse for each item class?

icon

Best answer by aaghaei 14 February 2023, 02:24

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

I assume you mean without customization. The short answer is no you cannot. The Item Classes do not have any tie to Company/Branch.

Userlevel 2

Thanks Reza.

Yes, without customization.  We are surprised the branch is assigned at the warehouse as we will now have to double our warehouse count.  We have 10 warehouses with this scenario.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Not always we can find everything as we need and I cannot say the way each system is designed is right or wrong and of course they have their own boundaries and limitations.

Also as I am not fully aware of you use cases and dataflows/workflows, I cannot really say whether you should work within the system limitation and increase number of your warehouses or implement customization to assign defaults to the Classes and bring those defaults to your data entry screens.

what I can suggest is to estimate how much trouble this limitation (based on your needs) is going to cause, how much time you will waste for data entry and corrections and see how much it costs this customization and decide which way to go.

If you don’t have internal resources, you can reach out to your Acumatica partner or independent developers here on community to help you out.

I have been through many of these situations and I can tell you it always worth exploring possible options.

Userlevel 2

Well said Reza.  We are already exploring customization level of effort and cost.  Thank you again for your replies.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved