Question

Inventory Adjustment: Receipt states Qty on Hand = 0, but the Inventory exists.

• 4 May 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hi All,

We have some weird behavior currently.

We are trying to adjust out expired Inventory. Receipt states QTY on Hand is Zero, yet the Lot is stating a different story:

We are currently not able to released this Adjustment due to the following error which is caused by the QTY On hand on the Receipt equaling 0

Any ideas if what is going on and how to resolve this?

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @krausef77 

A few things:

1. What does that Inventory Summary say for this item?
  2. Did you recalculate the inventory for this item?

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hi @krausef77 

A few things:

1. What does that Inventory Summary say for this item?
  2. Did you recalculate the inventory for this item?

Hi Kandy,

The Inventory Summary looks like this:

Recalculating the Inventory didn’t resolve the issue. Still the same Error message.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Do you have multiple warehouses?  I add the column for Available for Issue to the grid.  This will allow you to see the quantity available after deducting for shipped product.  The Available for Shipment is the quantity available less quantities shipped and on shipping.  It could be that you have the 50 units shown above as part of a shipment that has not been confirmed.  If that is the case, you would need to remove them from the shipment before you could make the adjustment.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Do you have multiple warehouses?  I add the column for Available for Issue to the grid.  This will allow you to see the quantity available after deducting for shipped product.  The Available for Shipment is the quantity available less quantities shipped and on shipping.  It could be that you have the 50 units shown above as part of a shipment that has not been confirmed.  If that is the case, you would need to remove them from the shipment before you could make the adjustment.

Only one Warehouse and Qty available for Issue is also 60. They are not shipping or selling this Product. Item doesn’t have any Allocations either.
This is really weird

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Was the product recently received?  Was the Release IN Documents Automatically checkbox selected in the Purchase Order Preferences?  Also, what is the state of the inventory receipt? - has it been released?

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @krausef77 were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

Userlevel 1
Badge

I have faced a similar problem. I am using FIFO, Lot tracked with AVG costing. What we realised is that in the INCostStatus table for the particular receipt the On Hand Qty (i.e. 15)  is lesser than the actual receipt qty (I.e. 35). So it allows us to return up to that 15 items but not the whole of the receipt qty

Now the issue is how to fix it. Is a simple data correction would do? We are going back to Acumatica support on this.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved