Solved

How to Export Data to a MultiRecord ascii file

I need to report some data to a supplier via ASCII files. those files have header record, details and end record. 

How can I achieve this with Data Providers. 

I tried to load the fields from the file but it only reads the first record which have a different layout than the details record and the end record. 

Maybe it is better to do this with the Report Designer?

Please advise. 

Jesus. 

icon

Best answer by Gabriel Michaud 27 May 2021, 00:18

View original

3 replies

I create a Report Designer Report and achieve the multirecord part, but it only exports to Excel or PDF. Is there a way to export the report to a flat file?

Jesus

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @jesuscruz97,

This is not possible with the built-in data providers available with Integration Services and Export Scenarios. It *might* be possible to hack the ACH Provider to support something like this, but I think the mapping is undocumented.

Do you have a development team or a partner that can help you build a custom data provider? There are two threads in the forum that deal with this:

Regards,

We are in the need for the same reporting. ASCII file to report purchases and sales. In our file we need the header identification record, brand identification records, ship to identification records, purchase records, and a total record.

Would love a mapping tool that would allow us to create these files for two different vendors.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved