Solved

How to Calculate Mileage between Shipper and Customer?

• 29 December 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge

It would appear all the data is in Acumatica but has it been considered or done that there is a function that would show the distance in miles from a linked PO to SO? In this time with everyone wanting things instantly, no one remembers that it takes time to travel 1400 miles. And it would be very beneficial for our employees to visual see the distance and be able to contact the shippers to confirm the orders are shipping timely to make it to our customers.

Is there away to do this? Or can it be added to an update? 

icon

Best answer by Kandy Beatty 29 December 2022, 15:09

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

HI @jasminn44 

This is not current functionality in Acumatica. I think it is an idea you could add for a future release. You can add that from the home page under Product Ideas. 

In the meantime, have you thought of doing a user defined field on the PO? You can make it required on Drop Ship PO’s only.

My drop ship is closed in my test enviroment but this is what it would look like.

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

@jasminn44 There are Distance calculator APIs to leverage. It would take a customization to make use of them.  Here is a link that lists 8 of them https://rapidapi.com/collection/distance-api

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved