Solved

Fedex Residential Delivery erroring out upon shipment confirmation using Easypost integration

Userlevel 2
Badge

My customer is using the Easypost integration successfully with UPS and USPS.  When using Fedex Ground, and shipping to a business, all is well.  When using Fedex Home Delivery, the address must be specified as ‘Residential Address’ in Acumatica.  Fedex is saying the passing of this flag should be “TRUE” or “FALSE”, and Acumatica is passing a “1” or “0” instead.  This is causing the shipment to not confirm and error out with “Carrier Service returned error.  FedEx: Rate is not available.”

Has anyone experienced this?

icon

Best answer by alicezyks51 24 February 2023, 19:02

View original

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@kristybrooks83 please log a customer support case for this

cc @Omar Ghazi 

Userlevel 2
Badge

I did that too. Thanks.

Userlevel 5
Badge

Did you get a response on this? I’m having a similar issue, when I run the rate checker, I get results for FEDEX in general (2-Day Air etc), but not FEDEX GROUND, I’m also sending this as a residential request.

Userlevel 2
Badge

They told me to log a case, which I did. It’s currently being worked on.

Userlevel 2
Badge

@Michael Hansen I believe if you have the Residential box checked, Fedex will attempt to quote it as Fedex Home Delivery instead of Fedex Ground.  However, if the Residential flag isn’t being passed appropriately, I don’t think it quotes either of those.

The latest on my Acumatica case is that they were able to reproduce the issue, and the case has been escalated to the Development Team for further investigation.

Userlevel 5
Badge

Thank you for the update, please let me know if they give you more information. Gotta love shipping… Gonna be a bumpy week.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

It’s our 1st day on the EasyPost integration and yes it’s bumpy...

We have found that neither the residential flag nor the insurance flag are being passed to EasyPost for UPS shipments either. The fields in the EasyPost shipment have a value of null. Therefore the rates generated from UPS do not reflect either residential or insurance up-charges.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@alicezyks51 has customer care been notified of the issue? 

cc @Omar Ghazi 

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

@Dana Moffat  We just found this today and passed it on to our VAR who reached out to their contact for the integration. So I’m not sure if it has been passed on to customer care at this point or not. Sorry to not be more helpful.

1. @Omar Ghazi 
Userlevel 2
Badge

Today I was able to ship Fedex Home Delivery via EasyPost with the the Residential Delivery box checked.  Earlier this week I wasn’t able to, I was getting a “Fedex Rate is not available” when I tried to complete the shipment.  So whatever the problem was, it is evidently fixed.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@alicezyks51 is this now resolved for you as well?

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

@Dana Moffat Yes, we just verified our latest UPS billing and both the residential and insurance was reflected in the cost passed back to the shipment through Easy’Post and agreed to the amounts ultimately billed by UPS.  Looks like this is resolved.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved