Solved

Federal Express Saturday delivery

• 22 October 2020
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1

Is there a way to submit a shipment method request to Fedex for Saturday delivery?  I do not see a shipment method in our instance of Acuamtica that has that service listed as an option.  I contacted a Fedex technical employee and he provided the following information, but I don’t know if this is something I can add in, if it needs to be a product enhancement, or if it’s already in there somewhere.

Web services handles Saturday Delivery for Express shipments under the special services section.  Please keep in mind you also have to select the appropriate shipment date and service to go with Saturday delivery.

(Ex.  FedEx 2 day will ship on a Thursday and be able to have Saturday Special service.  If you select Standard Overnight on a Monday with a special service of Saturday it will fail because Standard overnight sent on a Monday would be delivered on a Tuesday.)

Here is the transaction section for the special service.  The first and last lines is not needed for the special service but wanted to provide where the special services section would go:

</q0:ShippingChargesPayment>

<q0:SpecialServicesRequested>

<q0:SpecialServiceTypes>SATURDAY_DELIVERY</q0:SpecialServiceTypes>

<q0:EventNotificationDetail>

I have also been told that Signature Required is a similar parameter.  Saturday and Signature are special services on top of shipping method/service.  As an example; Priority Overnight service with Saturday and Signature special service in addition, or Ground service with Adult Signature special service in addition.

I do not know if this these features or capabilities are built into Acumatica.  If anyone can comment, I’d appreciate the input.

icon

Best answer by Gabriel Michaud 23 October 2020, 04:42

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Saturday Delivery can be setup at the customer level (from the Delivery Settings tab), and can also be selected in individual Sales Orders or Shipments from the Shipping Settings tab:

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved