Solved

Failed to get taxes from the external tax provided. Error during sandbox upgrade

• 24 February 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

When upgrading to a new version of Acumatica, I’ve had to setup a sandbox and test shipments and I’ll encounter this Avalara related error when trying to create an invoice from the Shipments screen SO302000. What has worked to fix this has been changing the Invoice numbering sequence in Acumatica to different sequence so if it’s set to ‘000000’ I’ll update to ‘Test00000’ or something similar.

icon

Best answer by manikantad18 24 February 2023, 19:27

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @estebanperalta54 

Seems to be the avalara test connections results are incorrect.

For testing provide you can choose the below highlighted provider and company coding

Once connection succesful you are able to create Invoice

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @manikantad18 thanks for the feedback. Checking for successful connection is important, in my case the client doesn’t have a Avalara sandbox, only Acumatica sandbox so they’re just testing a few invoices with their production credentials.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @estebanperalta54 yes In that case use below highlighted provider for Live avalara account.

Company code mapping should match.

Userlevel 3
Badge

In this error client could also check with the tax provider and check if that shipment zip codes related taxes exist. If the zip codes does not exist, it will error out like this.  

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved