Question

Dashboards: How often to update feature seems not to work

• 20 April 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge

On many of our dashboard widgets we have set our “how often to update” feature to one week.  So the widgets should  update just once every week.  However, whenever we log into a dashboard, we have to wait for the widgets to update.  Is this updating to often a known issue? Is there a way to fix it? 

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @dougmcbride79 

What is the issue with updating once a week? Are you receiving an error? I have users who update every 5 minutes with no issues. 

Userlevel 6
Badge

I only want the widgets to update weekly.  Not more than that because it takes too much time waiting for them to update.  Once per week on most of my widgets is plenty.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

What is the issue you are experiencing?

Userlevel 1
Badge

@dougmcbride79 , are you stating that the dashboard takes a long time to load when you first access it? depending on how much data it’s pulling even if you have it set to refresh as long as you do it still has to load. 

below is a snip of about half our production dashboard, it takes on average up to a minute to load initially. but like Kandy mentioned you can have the widgets refresh often and you shouldn’t see a performance issue. we are using about 25 dashboard company wide and most at least the size of the snip i’ve attached all refreshing every 5-15 minutes and we have no performance or loading issues. 

Userlevel 6
Badge

Each time we log into our Dashboards, the Dashboards take a long time to update.  It appears the Dashboards are updating even though we set the update to just once per week.  We only want them to update weekly and not each time we log into the Dashboard.  

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @dougmcbride79 were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

Userlevel 6
Badge

No we have not found a solution.  One dashboard will not load at all.  The other dashboards are extreamly slow to load, and re-load everytime we open them even though we set the dashboards / widgets to update weekly.  Any solution would be greatly appreciated. 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved