Solved

Creating one shipment from one sales order with multiple warehouses

• 28 March 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Good day

I have a scenario where I created one sales order with multiple lines and the stock is coming from multiple warehouse as per the screenshot below, where I am picking stock from 3 different warehouse

I have seen that Acumatica forces me to create a single shipment per warehouse, thus three shipments from one order , creating too many documents I do not need, yet I just need one shipment and a single shipment CONFIRMATION (MY Delivery note).

Is it possible to create one shipment from a sales order with multiple line items from different warehouses? How best can I manage such a situation?

icon

Best answer by manikantad18 28 March 2023, 14:55

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @kudzaim20 I see a few Ideas on the Community.

you could consider adjusting your inventory management strategy to consolidate your stock into fewer warehouses. This would simplify the shipping process and allow you to create a single shipment from a sales order with multiple line items.

I understand the challenges of managing inventory across multiple warehouses can be tough, but there are ways to simplify the process. Customizing the shipment process is one such way. You can create a custom shipment screen that consolidates multiple warehouses for each line item in a sales order, based on your business rules. This helps you ensure accurate inventory tracking and avoid stock outs or overstocks. Alternatively, working with an Acumatica developer or consultant experienced in storage warehousing can help you create a custom workflow that meets your needs.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved