Question

Country of Origin for parts on receipts

• 1 June 2023
  • 1 reply

Is there a way to record in a purchase receipt the country of origin of parts received? Sometimes I’ll order parts from a vendor and I won’t find out what the country of origin is until I look over the packing list. 

1 reply

Badge +18

Hello MCate,

Standard Acumatica includes the Country of Origin field on Stock Items, but not on PO Receipts.

To record the Country of Origin on PO Receipts, you may consider a User Defined Field. A UDF can be used to record the country for all items on the receipt. However, it may be possible that one shipment contains goods from multiple countries. If that is the case, one UDF won’t solve your need.

If you need to record Country of Origin on each line of the PO Receipt, consider adding a note to each line. Line Notes may copy themselves from the PO to the PO Receipts, depending on PO preferences settings (if you know the country of origin at the time of PO entry). 

Or, consider a custom field on the PO Receipt line.

Laura 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved