Solved

Convert Quote to Blanket Sales Order Type

• 25 April 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Is it possible to convert a Quote to a Blanket Sales Order? 

icon

Best answer by ericwolfe74 26 April 2023, 17:13

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @frankfiorentino81 

It does not appear that you can copy a Blanket Order from a Quote:

Userlevel 3
Badge

@kandybeatty49 Thanks. That is what I saw but wanted to make sure I am not missing a setting. It makes sense since a blanket is a commitment to place future orders. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

I just tested this in 2022 R2 Build Build 22.202.0040 and was able to convert a quote to a blanket order.  First I marked the Quote as accepted.  Next, I clicked the action button (...) and selected to convert to order.  The following window appears:

I then changed the Order type to BL (Blanket Order) and clicked OK.

The following order was created:

Hope this helps.

Eric

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

I just tested this in 2022 R2 Build Build 22.202.0040 and was able to convert a quote to a blanket order.  First I marked the Quote as accepted.  Next, I clicked the action button (...) and selected to convert to order.  The following window appears:

I then changed the Order type to BL (Blanket Order) and clicked OK.

The following order was created:

Hope this helps.

Eric

Interesting! Nice and thanks for showing @ericwolfe74 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@ericwolfe74 thanks for sharing this eric!!

Userlevel 3
Badge

@ericwolfe74 I tested this and you are converting a CRM opportunity quote to a BL but a SO QT cannot be converted to a BL.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Unfortunately, you are correct.  I would recommend putting in a request to Acumatica to include Blanket Orders on the Copy function for a Sales Order Quote as I can select from the list of other sales order types.  You could also create the quote then copy it, create a new blanket sales order and past the details.  

it’s a couple extra steps but it does work from a Sales Order Quote.

Let me know your results.

Eric

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved