Solved

Convert Item from Finished Good to Kit Assembly Finished Good

• 14 April 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

One of my clients sells magazines. Historically their item MAGAZINESKU was purchased as a finished good from a single vendor who produced the entire item. Now, however, the magazine is being produced by two vendors. One produces the covers (COVERSKU) and the other produces the inside pages (INSIDESKU). These are still sold as the MAGAZINESKU item.

What is the best way to go about purchasing COVERSKU and INSIDESKU then assembling them to create the finished good of MAGAZINESKU in inventory?

If I was starting from a blank slate, this seems like a clear Stock Kit with Kit Assembly. However, MAGAZINESKU already exists as a Finished Good and it is NOT already setup as a KIT. I do not believe I can simply convert it to a kit. 

Acumatica Cloud ERP 2022 R1
Build 22.114.0029 
Distribution Edition

Thanks, 

David

icon

Best answer by Jeff96 14 April 2023, 19:01

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

You could make it into a kit; click the “Is a Kit” checkbox and enter the kit specs on the Kit Specifications page. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

@Jeff96 is there any “downside” to just turning it into a kit? Can I still purchase kits as finished goods and receive them in as well?

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

@Jeff96 is there any “downside” to just turning it into a kit? Can I still purchase kits as finished goods and receive them in as well?

Yes, you can still do that.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved