Skip to main content
Solved

Contents of a Selected Package

• 22 July 2024
  • 3 replies

On the shipment/packages

Does anyone know if you can automate the “ADD SO SHIP LINES” to pack all the contents automatically?  For example if i only have one item, cut out the steps to add them.  Have it automatically pack the items.  

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

@BoStevphus Hey! This would require a code customization, but it certainly sounds possible.

If the logic that you want to implement is substantially different from the existing action/button, you can always create a custom action/button in code that will allow you to implement just about any logical process you can think of.

I’m going to assume this is also the answer to fix the Acumatica package contents packing as well?  Meaning: Every system that i have worked with in the past, you would build your boxes with content.  As you pack materials in a box, the qty shows packed.  Only the items that haven’t been packed remain.  Once the box is full, you add a box and you pack more into that box, and so on.  The Acumatica Shipment details tab shows you as you pack the qty.  The tab you are working out of does not.  The screens and info provided to the packer are sloppy and not very user friendly.  Are they cleaning this up in the next version?  If you are dealing with orders that are a couple of parts, it’s not a problem.  If you are packing out 100 line orders, it’s awful.    

Userlevel 4
Badge

I’m going to assume this is also the answer to fix the Acumatica package contents packing as well?  

We don’t use this functionality since the sheds we manufacture do not get packaged, or shipped via common carrier, so I’m not aware of changes they may be making to this area of the system.

However, I would say yes you are correct, this will likely also require a code customization. 
Because we (the company I work for) are shed manufacturers and it’s a very unique industry, the standard Acumatica functionality only covered about 80% of our business requirements, so we have made extensive customizations to many parts of the system and it’s worked very well for us. 

This is one of the reasons I really like Acumatica. It’s very customizable to accommodate diverse business requirements, even if the functionality isn’t included in the base product. 

Obviously I’m speaking as an Acumatica developer - the more customers customize their ERP, the better job security I have, so take my opinion with a grain of salt!😅